LODDON MALLEE REGION – MURRAY GOLDFIELDS DISTRICT
Start Date: THURSDAY 11 OCTOBER 2018 End Date: SUNDAY 14 OCTOBER 2018
Forest Fire Management Victoria and CFA advise that the following planned burning will be carried out tomorrow, weather conditions permitting:
Rushworth-Jones Rd : Fuel reduction burn, 108 hectares, 1.5 kilometres south east of Rushworth in the Redcastle Greytown State Forest.
Maryborough Mosquito Track: Fuel reduction burn, 23 hectares, 4.5 kilometres south east of Maryborough in the Craigie State Forest.
These burns should be completed between 0900 and 2000 hours on Thursday 11 October. You may see smoke until Sunday 14 October.
You may be affected by smoke from these planned burns.
Smoke may be visible from Rushworth, Maryborough and Carisbrook.
What to do about:
• If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health and Human Services advises that you should seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024
• Close windows and doors to prevent smoke from entering
• Road travel may be hazardous due to low visibility associated with smoke
• Signs may be in place to slow traffic. Obey all traffic signs and instructions from fire agency crews near the burn
• For travel times and roadworks check http://traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au
ACCESS TO FOREST/PARK RECREATION SITES
• Be aware of planned burns happening in your local area and stay clear of areas where burns are taking place or areas that have recently been burnt
• Access to walking tracks, car parks, camping grounds and picnic sites in areas close to or in burn areas may be restricted
For parks closures, please refer to Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/