Four Wheel Drive Victoria has been informed by Parks Victoria that due to the storm event on Friday 29th October the Great Otway National Park was subject to sever weather which has resulted in the need to close sections of the park for public safety.
The following sites will be closed until Friday 11th November 2021.
COLAC OTWAY AREA
• Aire River East Campground - Flooded and extremely wet.
• Aire River West Campground - Flooded and extremely wet.
• Hopetoun Falls visitor area
• Great Ocean Walk - Entire Walk, Including "Hike In" campgrounds - with the exception of Princetown to Twelve Apostles section.
• Elliot Ridge Campground
• Cape Otway GOW Campground
• Aire River GOW campground
• Ryans Den Campground
• Devils Kitchen Campground SURF COAST AREA
SURF COAST AREA
• Erskine Falls Walking Track south of the falls,
• Cora Lynn Walking Track,
• Cumberland River Walking Track
Parks Victoria staff are working to clear tracks, campgrounds and day visitor areas and will continue to asses areas to ensure they are safe for public access.
Please remember to check Parks Victoria’s website before travelling to any park to ensure conditions are safe and the park remains open. For a full list of storm affected parks visit our Change of Conditions page.