Four Wheel Drive Victoria have bee informed about the following planned burn notification for Avoca:
LM-MGF-AVO-0079 Avoca – Rifle Range – Fuel Reduction Burn, 23.66 hectares, 0.5km South East of Avoca.
This burn is scheduled for ignition on Friday November 3rd 2023, weather conditions permitting.
Noting that the burn may be rescheduled at any time in response to changes in weather and forest conditions and ignition periods may also be extended in response to current conditions.
Please find attached the stakeholder notification and letter for distribution through your networks.
For the most up to date information, it is highly recommended you:
• Sign up to the free Planned Burning Victoria (PBV) system and receive notifications of burns via email or SMS.
1. Go to https://plannedburns.ffm.vic.gov.au/
2. Type in and select the town/city you want to be notified about or click on “search my current location”
3. Click “subscribe to area” this will cover all burns within 20 km to 50 km
• View the Joint Fuel Management Program (JFMP) or upcoming burns near you: www.ffm.vic.gov.au/plannedburn
• Download the VicEmergency app or call the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226
• Visit ww.safertogether.vic.gov.au to learn about Victoria’s Bushfire Management Policy “Safer Together”
• Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action’s Customer Service on 136 186
If you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to contact Melissa on this email address or the Fuel Management Team at