Bookings for campsites and accommodation where fees apply in Victoria’s parks are currently open until the end of August.
Bookings from 1 September 2023 until 6 October 2024 will open to the public at 11am on:
• Tuesday 4 July - Wilsons Promontory campsites (including Tidal River)
• Wednesday 5 July - Wilsons Promontory roofed accommodation
• Thursday 6 July - Banksia Bluff (Cape Conran Coastal Park); Johanna Beach, Blanket Bay and Aire River West (Great Otway National Park); Cooks Mill (Cathedral Range State Park), Lake Catani (Mount Buffalo National Park) campgrounds
• Friday 7 July - Overnight hike/journey campsites. *This includes Grampians Peaks Trail, Great Ocean Walk, Great South West Walk, Glenelg Canoe Trail, Wilsons Prom Southern Circuit, Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing, and Wilderness Coast Walk
• Monday 10 July – all other bookable campsites and roofed accommodation statewide
Bookings can be made online at parks.vic.gov.au. If Licenced Tour Operators need further assistance to make a booking they can call Parks Victoria on 13 1963. Parks Vic anticipate a high volume of calls, so please expect a longer time on-hold than usual.
If you have any further questions please check out the booking page on the Parks Vic website. More information on booking will be provided in early June, including a written and recorded step-by-step guide on how to make a booking.
Parks Victoria’s upgraded online booking system now makes it easier to book a stay in one of Parks Victoria’s 131 bookable campgrounds and roofed accommodation options.
As part of the upgraded online booking system, Parks Victoria has removed the ballot from the last remaining balloted campground –Tidal River Campground at Wilsons Promontory National Park.
With no more balloted booking, campers can now book every bookable campground across Victoria instantly – no more waiting to hear if a ballot application was successful or not.
To ease the pressure on the online booking system, campground bookings for the much-loved Wilsons Promontory and other popular campgrounds are being released on different days to the rest of the state.
With improved functionality, instant confirmation and advanced filtering, customers can choose from fully serviced sites with pre-pitched tents, or remote locations with nothing but the serenity of the bush. They can choose a drive-in campground with enough space to park a car or caravan, or take things up a notch for the more adventurous and book a campground that is accessible only by foot, canoe or 4WD.
The system allows customers to easily search for their perfect getaway with filtering options like toilets, hot showers, drinking water, accessibility features or parking spots.
The new system allows campers to see all their bookings in one place, which makes planning camping adventures right across the year easier than ever.
Campers can select their individual campsite from a map and see which nearby sites are already booked in real time. This makes it easier for groups to book campsites together or for solo campers to find the serenity they are seeking.
Go to parks.vic.gov.au for bookings
If you have any enquiries please check out the booking page on the Parks Vic website or contact Parks Victoria on